Saturday, February 6

learning to be a lefty

Seven years ago, while Steven was living in Montana, he was working out and did a pull-up with the bar behind his head, instead of in front. Turns out that this isn't the healthiest position for one's joints. Since then Steven's been dealing with a bum shoulder. But on Monday of this week he got it fixed. This entailed repairs of a rotator cuff and bicep tears. Here's a video of something similar they did to him.

They clean up the roughed-up tissue, screw an anchor into the bone and then use strong ties to fasten the torn tendons back to the bone. All through five little holes...pretty awesome.



He will be in a sling for one-two months and will have a full recovery in around six. For now he is improving quite a bit each day and enjoying a little time off of work.

3 comments:

Turbo said...

Holy cow! That is pretty awesome/gruesome. I hope Steven has a quick recovery.

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

Ouch! I know what that's like...Dan had knee surgery 2 weeks ago-less invasive than stevens surgery-at least this time around. Take care and tell him to feel better.

Ryan said...

ALL HAIL KING HAMBERLIN,
Its Rasor
its been a long time, I was just thinking about Montana and wondering how life is for you, so I thought I would google you and look what came up. I hope life is great for you. Write me back sometime. Take it easy. Ryan Rasor