Monday, November 24

We love New York City!!!

On Monday October 27th, I called Steven at work. I told him that sometime before our lives got too complicated with kids, I really wanted to go to New York and take dance classes. (typical dancer's dream) Being his spontaneous self said, "Well you have all next week off work and our anniversary is on the 10th, so make it happen." Thrilled by the idea, I jumped online and found a killer deal on tickets that I couldn't pass up. And bonus, we could stay with our good friend Addie (evidenced in our photos). She currently is living in Manhattan while her parents, Col and Aubrey further their education. So we were off to New York City on Wednesday November 5th!

Here's a glimpse of what we did...

Walked on the Brooklyn Bridge

Took class with
Alvin Ailey.
I was one of two white girls and one of four non-professional dancers.
I am proud to say I held my own, absolutely loved it, and finally put to rest my constant wonder of if I could have ever made it as a dancer in NY.


Ate at the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park

Went to Brooklyn for Luigi's
Hands down, the best street pizza we've ever had. The neighborhood we walked through was breath-taking, with its brown stone steps and tree-lined streets.

Walked Central Park in the fall...gorgeous

Experienced pizza at
Lombardi's
Lombardi's was great restaraunt in Little Italy and named "Best Pizza in the World" by Zagat.



Celebrated out Anniversary at the
Top of the Rock
We saw New York City by night from the Observation deck of the Rockefeller Center. It was an incredible view.

A huge "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU...you're far too kind" to Col and Aubrey for being so hospitable. It was a blast to stay in their character-cloaked apartment, have our own personal tour guides, hop on the the A-train and go anywhere we wanted, and see the beautiful view of the GW Bridge from their neighborhood.


9 comments:

Hayley said...

yay! the park looks amazing.

happy anniversary!

Jim said...

WOW!!!! What an amazing vacation! I have yet to get Jim to take me to New York... I'm begging for next fall! The family Christmas party is coming up again... look for an invitation in the mail sometime soon. I look forward to seeing you guys again.

Casey and Brynn said...

All I can say is WOW! Looks like an amazing trip...and your spontaneity is incredible! How fun.

Katie said...

How fun! I'm so glad you guys went. Matt and I regret not going on more cool trips before we had kids. What a blast to stay with the Carters! So glad you had fun.

Katie's Krazy Klan said...

How fun! I'm a loser friend and totally forgot your anniversary-sorry, glad you had a good one! I was so busy with my own cruise plans that I just totally forgot! I would love to go to NYC sometime. THe whole "going before we have kids" won't work for us, but maybe down the line when all the kids are in school or something. Talk to you later, I'll try to call you, but Happy Thanksgiving!

Aubrey said...

Come back! We miss you guys. I love that Addie insisted in being in all your pictures. It was so fun having you here - oh and guess what? I found out Dylan's Candy Bar is free samples - of the entire store! So you have to come back so we can go again.

Stephanie said...

What?! A three-floor candy store with free samples??? Maybe it was for the best we didn't know...

Alyssa said...

How fun! And what a perfect time of year to go!

Amber said...

Sounds like such a fun trip-and I bet taking that dance class was the icing on the cake!