Monday, December 1

In Honor of Cyber Monday

Last year on Black Friday, Steven and I did no shopping, but rather contributed to the community of bargain hunters.

At about 2 am, we decided that we were really sick of the 16-year old gray leather recliner that had become so dreadfully uncomfortable over the years that its only purpose was to
take up space in our bedroom. So we jimmied it into the back of Steven's car, drove it to the bus stop near our house and left it with a big sign saying, "FREE." We figured that if no one wanted it, it could at least serve as a semi-comfortable alternative to the grated bus-stop benches. Well it apparently was wanted by someone because it was gone by morning.

This year Steven and I wanted to keep up our generous tradition by placing a huge television at the bus stop. Its big, heavy, and starts to look funky after ten minutes of viewing. It is however a good thing to have for the few house guests we have on occasion. So we opted not to give it away this year. You can bet though for next year, there will be an unwanted item at the bus stop near our house!

This year we again did no Black Friday shopping. I was informed though today, by my good friend Donna, that on the Monday after Thanksgiving there are great shopping deals online. Its the equivalent of Black Friday, but from the comfort of your computer fully lacking the early morning rushes, parking problems, and tramplings.



I checked my email, only to find that I had received a notice from Lenox that one of my China pieces was on sale for 80% off. The Dessert Set was so inexpensive that I could get all the place-settings I needed for the cost of two sets at original price! I was so excited... I bought them all and spent the birthday/Christmas money I hope will becoming later this month.


So now my question is:

What Crazy Shopping Stories, Black Friday Deals, or Cyber Monday Findings do you have???

5 comments:

The Carpenter Family said...

Only deal I got was a Princess chair for Brooklynn. Jacob stayed up all night waited in line for stuff I wanted...he didn't get it...Oh well.

The Carpenter Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie's Krazy Klan said...

What pretty china....is that the actual one you bought-it's beautiful. Someday maybe I'll have china....maybe that can be a 20 year anniversary present!!! We couldn't find ANYTHING on Friday-and it was too crazy to push a cart with 2 kids anyway. No steals or deals for us.

Stephanie said...

That's my pattern, but not the exact piece I bought. My china will be a long time coming. I just started collecting last year...and in a few decades I'll have collected it all - piece by piece.

Katie said...

I got the movie Annie for my girls for $3 at Target, it is now their new obsession, so I'm not so sure it was a good deal....